- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar ( I used 1 cup brown sugar + 1 cup white sugar)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp white vinegar ( I used Apple Cider Vinegar)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup oil (I prefer Olive oil to make it healthier)
- 1-1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup apple sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celcius. Lightly grease a round 20 cm baking tin.
- Blend the dry ingredients in a medium to large bowl until no lumps of flour or cocoa.
- In another bowl mixed together the wet ingredients (water, applesauce, oil, vanilla, and vinegar).
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and whisk until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared baking tin and bake for 50-55 minutes.
For the Ganache
- 2/3 cup soy milk (or your favorite non-dairy milk)
- 8 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
In a small saucepan bring the milk to a boil then lower heat to a simmer. Add the chocolate chips and
maple syrup and mix with a fork. Turn heat off and mix until throughly melted. let cool for about half hour
Just pour the ganache over the cooled cake and kind of tilt the cake at all angles to get the ganache to
drip down the sides. Refrigerate to cool and set the ganache.