My second banana bread... I thought it's better than the first one.. I adapted this recipe from Veganomicon , but i don't have the molasses and sucanat sugar, so I replace it with Maple and brown sugar. It still turns out good and not too sweet. If you prefer to make it sweeter then maybe you can put more sugar. Give it a try... ^^
Low-Fat Banana Bread (Vegan)
Makes one loaf about 12 slices
2 large or 3 small very ripe bananas
1/4 cup applesauce
1/4 cup canola oil
1/3 cup maple syrup
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup white whole wheat flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas really well. Add the sugar, applesauce, oil, and maple, and
whisk briskly to incorporate.
3. Sift in the flour, baking soda, spices, and salt. Use a wooden spoon to mix until the wet and dry
ingredients are just combined. If you're using chocolate chips or nuts, fold them in here.
4. Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and bake for 45 to 50 minutes (it took 50 for me). The top should
be lightly browned and a knife inserted through the center should come out clean.
5. Remove from the oven and let cool!
6. Slice it and enjoy with tea or coffee (maybe) ^^