Hello~ Rise and Shine!!! Another Oatmeal recipe.. I'm really addicted to oatmeal...!! ^^
Do you know what I usually do every night before I go to bed??? The answer is ::: Think about what I wanna make tomorrow for breakfast!! LOL..
I adapted this pancakes recipe from regular buttermilk oat pancake. But to make it healthier I changed a bit the ingredients. No eggs, no butter, no sugar, and no milk?! It's fluffy~ =)
Whey Oatmeal Pancakes
makes 6 pancakes (serves 3)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup whey (or buttermilk)
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds mixed with 3 tbsp water (equal to 1 egg) , set aside
- 1/8 cup light olive oil
The night before : Combine the oats and whey (or buttermilk) in a medium bowl. Stir to mix. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
In the morning:
- Take the bowl of oats mixture out of the fridge, set aside.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set sside.
- In a glass combine the flax egg, oil, and maple syrup. Add this wet mixture to the oats mixture and stir well. Add the flour mixture and stir again to combined. (the batter'll be very thick)
- Cook pancakes like regular ones over medium heat (1/4 cup at a time).