I adapted this Vegan Mac and Cheese form Chef Chloe lovely recipe. This's my first time and it turns out so good. My sister also like it so much (She asked me to make it again for her, Yey!!). Actually I bought Chloe's Kitchen cooking book and got the recipe from there (Best-Ever Baked Macaroni and Cheese). Have you bought it yet? If you haven't, you probably need to get it now.. hehehe..
Ups, I almost forget to tell you, this is a single-serving size Mac and Cheese.. Hope you like it! =)
Vegan Mac & Cheese
75 gr elbow macaroni
10 gr vegan margarine
7 gr all purpose flour
125 ml soy milk (or your choice of non-dairy milk)
10 gr nutritional yeast
1 tsp tomato paste
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp maple syrup
1. Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil and cook the macaroni according to package directions.
Drain and return to pot.
2. In a sauce pan, make a roux or paste by whisking the margarine and flour over medium heat for 3 minutes.
3. Add non-dairy milk, nutritional yeast, tomato paste, salt, and garlic powder to the sauce pan and bring to
a boil. Whisking frequently. Reduce heat to low and let simmer until the sauce thickens.
4. Adjust seasoning to taste and stir in lemon juice and agave.
5. Toss the macaroni with the sauce and serve immediately.
* If you prefer to bake your mac and cheese then preheat your oven to 180 degrees celcius before you start making the mac and cheese. Place your mac and cheese into a small baking dish. Next, sprinkle a tbsp of bread crumbs in the top of your Mac and Cheese. Finally put it in the oven for about 30 minutes. And ENJOY!!! ^^