3 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
2 tsp salt
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
4 tbsp butter, cut into cubes
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 2/3 cup plain yogurt
1 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius and butter a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and sugar. Cut in the butter with a pastry cutter or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in oats.
- Add yogurt and water then stir ro combine. Dough will be sticky. Remove to a lightly floured surface and knead a few times to form a smooth ball. Adding a bit more flour if you need to.
- Divide dough into 6 pieces. Gently pat each into a round dome and place onto prepared baking sheet.
- Lightly sprinkle the top of each dough with flour. With a sharp knife, cut an X into the top of the dough.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until nicely browned and a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool on a wire rack for about 5 minutes before serving.
Serve : 6