I'm so busy lately.. That's why I couldn't update my blog... Sorry!! ^^
Finally~~ I've become a graduated student! yay!!
I got A- for my final project.. hahaha.. It's not so bad, isn't it? kekeke...
As you know... I really really love healthy cooking...
I'm thinking to take natural chef program in Wholefood Cooking (Perth, Australia) or Bauman College (San Francisco, CA)... But~~~ Still confused! hahaha..
This morning I made a quick bread... Yay~~~ "Honey Oat Quick Bread" adapted from EatingWell site... It's so yum!!! One of my favorite recipe! hehehe..
So here's the recipe ^o^
Honey Oat Quick Bread
adapted from EatingWell
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats, or quick-cooking (not instant) oats, divided
- 1 1/3 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup nonfat or low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup low fat or skim milk
- Position rack in middle of oven; preheat to 375°F. Generously coat a 9-by-5-inch (or similar size) loaf pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon oats in the pan. Tip the pan back and forth to coat the sides and bottom with oats.
- Thoroughly stir together whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Using a fork, beat the remaining 1 cup oats, yogurt, egg, oil and honey in a medium bowl until well blended. Stir in milk. Gently stir the yogurt mixture into the flour mixture just until thoroughly incorporated but not overmixed (excess mixing can cause toughening). Immediately scrape the batter into the pan, spreading evenly to the edges. Sprinkle the remaining 1 tablespoon oats over the top.
- Bake the loaf until well browned on top and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 40 to 50 minutes. (It’s normal for the top to crack.) Let stand in the pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Run a table knife around and under the loaf to loosen it and turn it out onto the rack. Let cool until barely warm, about 45 minutes.
Enjoy~~ I hope you like it too... ^^
I'll try to keep updating my blog as often as I can.. hehehehe...
See ya ^^