1 cup all purpose flour
2/3 cup whole wheat pastry flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
A pinch of salt
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
½ cup low-fat plain yoghurt
2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons poopy seeds
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celcius and line a baking sheet with a parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine sifted flour ( all purpose and whole wheat flour), baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
- Dice the butter and blend it into the dry ingredients with a fork or pastry cutter until no visible lump of butter remains. Handle the dough as lightly as you can. Avoid over mixing or the scones won’t be as tender.
- Put the dough into a flattish round, about 3 cm in thickness and cut into six wedges with a knife.
- Place the wedges on the prepared baking sheet. Brush the top of the scones with yogurt and sprinkle each with little sugar.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown on top.